Active@ UNDELETE ver. 7x
See documentation for latest version
Recover using the recovery toolbox
You can select files from different views in the Active@ UNDELETE workspace and collect them in the Recovery Toolbox. To select files, select the check box next to the file name in Recovery Explorer, Document View or Search Results view. To remove files from the Recovery Toolbox, clear the check box in these three views.
You may recover the collection of files and folders in the Recovery Toolbox all at once. There are two methods for recovering files:
- Recover files to a hard disk.
- Recover files to a CD or DVD.
To Recover Files to a Hard Disk:
- To collect files in the Recovery Toolbox, select the check box next to the file name or folder name in Recovery Explorer View, Document View or in Search Result View. Folder hierarchy for selected files are preserved in the Recovery Toolbox.
- Select the Recovery Toolbox tab.
- Click Recover button in Recovery Toolbox toolbar. The File and Folder Recovery
dialog box appears.
- In Destination path, enter the path to the folder where you want to save
recovered files. To browse to the folder and record the path in this field, click
the ellipsis button (…).
- To use the same file name for each recovered file, click Use original file names.
- To rename each file, click Rename files to and enter a file name prefix. Each
file will be named with this prefix and a sequential number.
- If you are writing recovered files back to the same folder where the original files
were, you might encounter existing files with the same name. Decide what to do in
each case in If file already exist.
- To automatically replace invalid characters in a recovered file name:
- Select the Replace invalid file name symbols check box.
- Enter a valid character in the field. The standard character is underscore (_).
- To save recovered files and folders on the same drive as the source data, select
Allow to recover to the same drive check box.
- To display the destination folder after recovery, select the Browse destination
folder after recovery completes check box.
- Click Recover. The Processing… dialog box appears.
- To display recovery events and progress details, click Details.
- To terminate the recovery process, click Stop at any time. Results may be not
accurate or complete.
- If you chose to display the destination folder after recovery, the destination folder
To Recover Files to a CD or DVD:
Besides recover files on local hard drive, files also can be burned directly to CD\DVD or as part of ISO image (thus, it can be burned later by third party applications).